COALA will provide a solution for cognitive assistance that consists of a composition of trustworthy AI components with a voice-enabled digital intelligent assistant as an interface. The solution will support workers that need to use analytics tools and new workers that perform on-the-job training.
Complementary to the technology, an education and training concept that focuses on building blue-collar worker competencies in human-AI collaboration will be developed. The COALA solution will transform how workers perform their jobs and it allows companies to maintain or increase the quality of their production processes and their products.
The project objectives are to:
- Reduce the number of quality incidents in manufacturing.
- Reduce the time needed for on-the-job training of workers in manufacturing.
- Overcome barriers and reduce scepticism regarding the use of a voice-enabled DIA in manufacturing environments.
- Improve the competencies of blue-collar workers in managing AI opportunities, challenges, and risks in the shop floor.
COALA plans to demonstrate its solution in three complex and highly dynamic manufacturing domains that are confronted with the mega-trend of Industry 4.0, but are characterized by different peculiarities and thus are a perfect fit to demonstrate the full potential of the COALA concept.
- Textile Production: On-the-job training of new machine operators
- White Goods Production: Quality inspection during Zero Hour Testing
- Detergent Packaging: On-job training of new and temporary line managers, change over, issue handling.
Read all about it at the project’s web site: https://www.coala-h2020.eu